Once upon a time, the slogan for the Buckeye State was “Ohio…the heart of it all.” While the P.R. guys and gals have moved on from that catchy phrase, I find myself returning to it this February…not for the state but for myself and my passion. What, I ask myself, is the heart of my writing? Here’s what I came up with…
1. exploring the motivations that prompt human actions, good or bad
2. optimism…despite the chaos that threatens our world
3. a belief in the wonder and the mystery of life
4. asking and answering What if? questions
5. taking one small step to leave the world a better place
What beats at the heart of your creative pursuits?
P.S. I have a huge goal for 2022…growing the membership of my TAKE A KID TO LUNCH group. Please visit the site on Facebook and consider contributing to one of the participating schools or inviting a new school to join the group and receive donations. There is no set commitment. Each member gives what they can on a quarterly basis to make sure no child goes hungry at school due to parental inability or unwillingness to pay for lunch. Please Join Us!